Thursday, June 14, 2012

Living on the edge.............

There are days that I sit in my chair at home exhausted.  Emotionally, physically, everything. It seriously is hard to just breathe.  There are so many things in life now that were not there thirteen months ago. It is so frustrating.  and I hate it.  My 3 year old daughter deals with a life threatening disease every single day of her life.  And it is not fair.  And then I remember....Life is not Fair!  a Fair is where you go in the fall and you ride rides and drink lemonade and eat huge turkey legs and cotton candy.  Life will never be fair and if I continue to go down the path of life thinking that life is fair...well I'm not going to be a very good person in life. I will become bitter. So ....I am thankful.

I am thankful that Frederick Banting was able to invent insulin. His ability to make this life sustaining medication has changed my daughters life.  It took my daughter from a 1-2 year life expectancy after her diagnosis to now she can live a life full and active and great. Thank you GOD!

I am thankful that I have a great job.  That job provides good (not great but Good) medical insurance.  That medical insurance provides insulin needles, test strips, insulin and other supplies.

I am thankful for my friends in the Diabetic Online Community.  Without them I would not be able to function daily.  I get to get answers 24 hours a day because well...we are always awake. They have given so much one mother after knowing that I did not own a Blood Ketone meter was nice enough to send me some and some strips, they are not cheap but people were willing to share. That makes me thankful that God has brought me these people in my life at a time I so desperately needed them.

I am thankful for my children.  My teenagers help so much every day.  They have had to go without because of Sarah's diabetes.  The significant expense involved has drastically altered our financial situation. The two teens have taken it in stride and are willing to wait a little longer to get things because the money just isn't "there" as fast as it used to be.

I am thankful for my husband. He get's to put up with Sarah's mood swings from high's and lows as well as my mood swings from the stress.

I am thankful for my belief in God.  My life has had many ups and downs.  And with each up and down.  I have been able to pray and get reassurance that he is still there and better things are ahead for us. And Please Lord let there be a cure one day.



I am thankful for my life.  It is great.


No comments: