Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Am I going to make it??? HUH HUH???

I wonder some days if I am going to make it thru pre-teen years with my Step daughter. she's 11 and OMG...I truly wonder.

One of her few chores is to wipe down the kitchen counters. Today when I got home you could see the counters were WET and nothing had been cleaned off she merely swiped at them with a SOPPING wet sponge. So I called her in and asked if the counters were cleaned correctly. She indignantly yelled at me (which is the WRONG thing to do honestly!) that THEY ARE CLEAN. So I advised her ok. Then she could eat her supper right off of the counter and that would be fine for me. She hurumphed and got pissy and I asked her if they were really clean or if they needed wiped down again. Her attitude back to me was...Well if you want them YOUR clean then do it yourself. OMG..I am 9 1/2 months pregnant. I have been working 60 hours a week to pay for HER extra curricular activities and she said that to me!!! Needless to say her father quickly broke in before I rang her little neck.

3 comments:

Cat@3KidsandUs said...

Oh gosh, I'm sooo not ready for that. My niece is going on 13 and drives me batty just being in the same room with her.

Anonymous said...

My girl told me "if you want it YOUR clean then you do it" exactly ONCE.....right before she scrubbed the entire bathroom with a toothbrush, every single inch of it. She never told me that again!

Unknown said...

I got up a few minutes ago to her playing with something that belongs to me. When I asked her if she had asked permission...She goes..NO. I asked her if she thought it would be a good idea to ask permission and she just GLARED at me. I told her that I am sick of her taking whatever she wants and it's getting effin ridiculous. So she ignored me some more. So finally since she didnt bother asking or anything else like that I told her to shut the damn game off and go to her room. Because I am sick and tired of her doing whatever the heck she wants all the time. What does she do..goes and starts being a brat to her sister. I am (--) This close to just going off.